Be Well Summer Wellness Campaign
From the Summer Solstice to the Autumnal Equinox
June 20-September 19, 2019
The Be Well Summer Wellness Campaign begins on the Summer Solstice, June 20th through the Autumnal Equinox, September 19th.
Events during the Wellness Campaign will focus on the joys of summer, yoga in fresh air, listening to music at outdoor concerts, shopping at local farmers markets and spending time with family and friends.
- A Summer Solstice Celebration One Breathe for CommUnity, June 20, 2019
- Yoga Union’s Panel Discussion: Music in your Asana Class: Muse or Misstep?, June 23, 2019
- The Mid Atlanta Yoga Week, September 9th through September 16, 2019
Events in the weeks leading up to the Summer Wellness Campaign are, The Love Your Body Festival, June 9, 2019 and The Fifth Annual Day of Yoga, June 16, 2019.
We invite Studios and Independent Teachers to join us as we Celebrate the gift of Yoga!
We are focused on keeping registration fees low so all can join us.
- Studio Early Bird Registration is $108. Studios with multiple locations may pay $10 to add each additional studio location.
- Independent Teachers Early Bird Registration is $54 for teachers who are members of Yoga Union, $60 for non members.
* Early Bird Registration ends June 9, 2019
* Full Registration After June 9, 2019
- Studio Registration is $150, $10 for each additional location.
- Independent Teacher Registration is $65 for teachers who are members of Yoga Union, $75 for non members.
We ask that each Participating Studio offer one free class and one five dollar class between June 20th and September 9th and offer one free or five dollar class and host a Karma Class or Community Event to benefit a not for profit of choice during Mid Atlantic Yoga Week.
September 9th - 16th.
We ask that Independent Teachers offer one free or five dollars class between June 20th and September 9th, and offer one free or five dollars class during Mid Atlantic Yoga Week or host a Karma Class to benefit a not for profit of choice during Mid Atlantic Yoga Week September 9th - 16th.
All participating Studios and Independent Teachers will be listed in the Yogis For Positive Change Yoga Community Directory for one year, both print and online versions and have their Summer Wellness Events featured on the Yogis For Positive Change Website and in all Social Media and the Weekly E- Blast.
About Be Well Virginia - Summer Wellness Campaign
As a crusader for human rights and liberty through ahimsa, (non-violence), Ghandi was a true community organizer and committed to peaceful transformation.
Ghandi's work in India is one of several inspirations for Yogis for Positive Change and our newest initiative, Be Well Virginia.
Be Well Virginia will foster social justice and healthy living by supporting and strengthening communities on a local level throughout the Commonwealth.
From bringing a farmer's market to a food desert to donating yoga classes to caregivers, Yogis for Positive Change is committed to making a difference in our world.
As the Solstice welcomes the beginning of summer we welcome the launch of the Be Well Virginia Summer Wellness Campaign. Be Well Virginia, presented by Yogis for Positive Change, the Virginia Yoga Community, local businesses and dedicated volunteers will expand last summer's popular yoga passport program.
Into a summer-long focus on free yoga in the fresh air provided by our Virginia Yoga Community, local arts and family friendly events, area farmers markets and delicious treats provided by vendors from local farmers markets.
Om Shanti, shanti, shanti Om